13.2.13

Nanette Lepore fall 13






Nanette Lepore's fall 13 collection is by far my favourite for this season.
I almost feel bad for it because I am sure my friends are going to say it is pretty cliché for me, like classic Jay liking the collection that shows khaki. So what I like khaki? 
Anyways I thought the collection covered all aspects a collection should cover (sport, evening, buisness, lounge etc...), and pretty well too ! And through a variation of techniques and design elements that I think flow through the collection easily, I love the draping, the quilting, I love the differences of textures and the prints aswell.
The one thing I want to point out is how she used the holographic trend we've been sensing from tumblr and how she changed it slightly and how she made it less plastic and more organic, it reminds me of beetle wings more than it reminds me of the tacky 90's accessories.
I'm heaps keen.